12 May Start the Spring Gardening Season Off Safely – Our Thornton Plumbing Team Offer Their Sprinkler and Hose Preparation Tips
Your home sprinkler systems and hoses deliver water to your plants to ensure optimal growth over the long-term. Sprinkler systems and hoses also work to divert water deep into the soil, toward the plant roots. The deeper the roots go into the soil, the cooler the temperature. This cooler temperature is a relief to plants in the heat of the summer and can prevent drought conditions, creating stronger root systems and improving the overall health of your plants. To achieve this high level of performance, it’s critical your home sprinkler system is effectively prepared for the months ahead. Our Thornton, Colorado, plumbing team at Total Plumbing & Heating, have prepared a few sprinkler preparation procedures.
Preparing your sprinkler system for the spring is incredibly important. If this is done incorrectly, it can damage your sprinkler hoses, components, fittings, and the pump, leading to costly repairs. Here are several tips for preparing your sprinkler for springtime use.
- Turn on one station at a time to check for performance issues.
- Walk through your property and look for large sprays or areas of low pressure.
- Check for system alignment to ensure walls and windows are not being sprayed.
- Check for soggy spots around the yard, which may indicate a main line leak.
Preparing Hoses for Spring
Your garden hose plays an important role within the irrigation process in your home. It’s imperative to make sure it’s performing optimally ready for the forthcoming spring and summer seasons. Here are several tips for checking your system and preparing your hoses for use this spring and summer.
- Test hose for a short-time before using the system.
- Check for leaks in the line by reviewing moisture around the hose.
- Turn the faucet on slowly to prevent a sudden burst in the hose material.
- Call a professional if water isn’t entering the hose from the faucet.
Professional plumbers can help manage all home springtime plumbing maintenance tasks in the coming months. Our Thornton, Colorado-based experts at Total Plumbing & Heating are here to guide you and ensure you make the right choices as you begin to prepare your home for the spring and summer seasons. To learn more, or book a consultation, contact us today.